to top
Untitled Document

Information on
Novel Coronavirus

Have questions about COVID-19?
The NJ Poison Control Center and 211 have partnered with the State to provide information to the public on COVID-19:
Call: 2-1-1 for general information (24/7) or 1-800-962-1253 for medical information (24/7); Text: NJCOVID to 898-211
Visit or for additional information

2019 Senior Freeze (Property Tax Reimbursement)

COVID-19 Related Tax Information
Information about the Federal Economic Impact Payment – Stimulus Check
Important Information About Retail COVID-19 Fees and Sales Tax

Requirements for Resuming Eligibility After a Change of Primary Residence

Previous Eligibility

If you moved to the home for which you are filing a 2019 application between:

January 1, 2016, and December 31, 2016; you must have applied and been eligible for a 2015 reimbursement.

January 1, 2017 and December 31, 2017; you must have applied and been eligible for a 2016 reimbursement.


You (or your spouse/civil union partner) were:

  • 65 or older as of December 31, 2018; or
  • Actually receiving federal Social Security disability benefit payments (not benefit payments received on behalf of someone else) on or before December 31, 2018, and on or before December 31, 2019.

You lived in New Jersey continuously since December 31, 2008, or earlier as either a homeowner or a renter.

Current Home Ownership

Homeowners. You owned and lived in your current home since December 31, 2017, or earlier (and you still owned and lived in that home on December 31, 2019).
Mobile Home Owners. You leased a site in a mobile home park where you placed a manufactured or mobile home that you own since December 31, 2017, or earlier (and you still lived at that site on December 31, 2019).

Property Taxes/
Site Fees

Homeowners. The 2018 property taxes must have been paid by June, 1 2019, and the 2019 property taxes must be paid by June 1, 2020.

Mobile Home Owners.Your site fees must have been paid by December 31 of each year respectively.

Income Limit

Your total annual income (combined if you were married or in a civil union and lived in the same home) was:

  • 2018 – $89,013 or less; and
  • 2019 – $91,505 or less.

See Income Limits History for past years' income limit amounts.

To apply for a reimbursement you must file Form PTR-1 and enclose Form PTR-1C, Verification of Change of Primary Residence.

Form PTR-1C is not available on this website. Call the Senior Freeze Information Line (1-800-882-6597) to obtain a copy of this form, or if you have questions about your eligibility for the 2019 reimbursement.

Note: Any changes to the eligibility requirements (i.e., Income Limits) and benefit amounts for 2019 will not be finalized until the completion of the State Budget that must be adopted by July 1, 2020.

Last Updated: Monday, 08/03/20