to top
Untitled Document

Information on
Novel Coronavirus

Have questions about COVID-19?
The NJ Poison Control Center and 211 have partnered with the State to provide information to the public on COVID-19:
Call: 2-1-1 for general information (24/7) or 1-800-962-1253 for medical information (24/7); Text: NJCOVID to 898-211
Visit or for additional information

Division of Taxation

COVID-19 Related Tax Information
Information about the Federal Economic Impact Payment – Stimulus Check
Important Information About Retail COVID-19 Fees and Sales Tax

NJ Income Tax – UI/DI/FLI Credits

You can take credit on your New Jersey tax return for any excess unemployment insurance (UI)/workforce development partnership fund (WF)/supplemental workforce fund (SWF) contributions, disability insurance (DI) contributions, and/or family leave insurance (FLI) contributions withheld by two or more employers. For 2019, the maximum employee contributions were:

  • UI/WF/SWF — $146.20;
  • DI — $58.48;
  • FLI — $27.52.
How to Claim a Credit
If you had two or more employers and you contributed more than the maximum amount(s), you should complete Form NJ-2450 to claim a credit. If you had only one employer, you cannot file Form NJ-2450. If any single employer incorrectly withheld more than the maximum amount(s), you must contact that employer for a refund. If you are filing a joint return and both of you had excess contributions withheld, you must complete separate forms for each of you.

Your W-2s must show the employer's New Jersey Taxpayer Identification Number or approved private plan number. In addition, the amounts of your UI/WF/SWF, DI, and FLI contributions must be shown on the W-2s you provide. Your claim will be denied if your W-2s do not include this information.

Note: The contribution amounts are different every year. You must file the NJ-2450 for the same tax year as the tax return you are filing. Prior year forms are available online.

If Your Claim is Rejected
If your credit is denied because all New Jersey Department of Labor and Workforce Development requirements are not met, you must refile your claim using the Labor Department's Form UC-9A, “Employee’s Claim for Refund of Excess Contributions.”

Additional information on these contributions is available on the Department of Labor and Workforce Development website.

Last Updated: Tuesday, 04/07/20