You can report criminal tax fraud information directly to us by phone or by mail.
- You can report anonymously. However, it helps us if you identify yourself should we need to contact you for additional information.
- You cannot receive updates on the investigation. For privacy and legal reasons, we do not share information regarding an investigation.
What to Include in Your Report
- Individual/business name and address.
- Identification information (i.e., date of birth, tax ID, address).
- Alleged tax violation.
- Tax types affected (i.e., income, sales and use, withholding).
- How you became aware of the alleged violation and how long it has been occurring.
- Asset information.
- Your contact information (optional).
How to Submit Your Report
24 Hour Tips Line (609) 588-5001
To report suspected tax fraud, please fill out the Citizen Complaint Form.
N.J. Department of the Treasury
Office of Criminal Investigation
PO Box 284
Trenton, N.J. 08695-0284